Enjoy immensely drinkable typography in our whisky type workshop. You will distill a perfect blend of type and negative space to create typographic clarity and memorability. You won’t be double-aging in oak barrels in this intense eight-hour workshop fermented for design veterans. Learn how to achieve typographic clarity on a high-end spirit label like a boss and discover how to combine multiple typefaces for both classic and contemporary brands in a memorable way.
Students will learn how to design hierarchy with multiple areas of copy and typefaces, graphic elements, typographic hierarchy and negative space.
Registration fee includes refreshments and materials. Early-Bird registration STARTS April 19, 2018.
- - Have completed Type 2 (or have 4 to 5+ years working experience and/or formal design education)
- - MUST BE 21 years or older
- - Please contact us for skill level and eligibility if you are unsure
- - Bring a fully-charged laptop that can accept USB drives (MacBooks preferred)
- - Come with your preferred input device(s): mouse, trackpad, stylus and pen tablet
- - Install a version of Adobe InDesign CS software (free trial can be found on Adobe's Web Site)
- - Refreshments, light breakfast and full lunch will be served